Thursday, September 22, 2005

when you left, i lost a part of me

recently, i've had this feeling that i'm lost about my life. with the slow weaning of friends, i've been thinking that i'm a failure because most everyone has left, is studying, or working. feeling stuck and frightened is a terrible feeling.

but tonight, while driving aimlessly (even though gas prices are not great) away from my problems, i actually found myself lost in the physical sense. through the dark and unfamiliar streets, i navigated around making turns based on information that i had stored somewhere in my brain. when i realized that i made a mistake, i turned around and went the other way. finally, i found myself back on the freeway.

so what i learned was this: even though i feel lost about my life in general, like tonight's experience, i will find a way to navigate through the unknown and unfamiliar. i just have to choose some, any, road and make some turns. if i find that i have made a mistake, i can take another route. because in most cases, i will find my way home.

post script: when i'm with him, it's like i'm home.

it's still so hard to believe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home