Sunday, May 19, 2002

I know that I am passive. But that has been my nature. Recentely, I have given my warning that I am going to be more assertive. After being asked about what it is I want and why it's never about what I want, I am determined to be more assertive: to tell people about my needs, my wants, and my opinions. I suppose that means that I have to know those things myself, which has been a problem in the past. I need to make an effort to be conscious of what I want and need in my life and from others. I saw The Joy Luck Club for a reason. I have to know my worth in my relationships with others. I can't just let people step over me. If I feel something and it concerns them, they should know. If they make me wait, I have to say something. If they hurt me, I have to let them know. It may sound like a broken record, but I need to continue to reaffirm. I am on my road to assertiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home