Wednesday, July 06, 2005

"Clare, I want to tell you, again, I love you. Our love has been the thread throught the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. Tonight, I feel that my love for you has more density in this world than I do, myself: as though it could linger on after me and surround you, keep you, hold you.
"...for me: for me you have been everything." - Audrey Niffenegger

I finally finished the book, after trying to put if off as long as possible for I did not want the story to be "over." I finally finished it and I feel so empty. Void. This book will stay with me for a long while; I can feel it swelling in my memory, suspending my views on time and love and life.

"now from his breast into his eyes the ache/ of longing mounted, and he wept at last,/ his dear wife, clear and faithful, in his arms,/ longed for as the sunwarmed earth is longed for by a swimmer/ spent in rough water where his ship went down/ under Poseidon's blows, gale winds and tons of sea." - Homer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home