Wednesday, August 16, 2006

weep not for the memory

Yesterday was a weeeeird day. First, my partner and I went to a site to pick up the soccer materials. While there, the staff there received a ticket for someone else trying to get into the building. Then, VLT was to come to my site and help out. But on the way, she got into a car accident. Next my students, my partner, and I left our site in the van to pick up a site nearby, when we got into an accident. Eek. So that took 20 minutes to figure out. We arrived at the park and played soccer and such. Then afterwards, we dropped off the nearby site. We saw this little red Geo Metro that had 3 bumper stickers: 2 that said Bush&Cheney, the other said that the democratic vote was a risky vote. And wherever the Bush stickers were, there were dents. So we assumed that the dents were made by people who were haters who also tried to tear off the stickers! Okay, so then I arrived an hour late to have dinner with a couple of other coworkers and there was a lot of disclosure! Hahaha... Then, HSP drove with me from Santa Ana to Long Beach and on the 22W, I saw the Geo metro again! Sheeesh! Then I had tea till 1130p. I showered and took a nap but didn't go to sleep till 3:30a. Hahaha...

Recently, I've been telling a lot of my students to get out of their school and go back to district. And I keep telling them, "You deserve a better education" because they really do. But it really depends on what they want ultimately. And as I'm sure parents know so well, it is so hard to just sit back and watch someone you care about do something that may hurt them or their futures. But you can't help people unless they want to be helped.

Painting is really difficult for me. But that means I need to keep trying. It's just frustrating because I know I can't get any better unless I learn how to paint or learn paint concepts, but I don't know where to get that from. I don't have a teacher who is dispensable to me. But dancing is a little better. I learned a new part of a stomp routine today and I'm so excited!

I raced my partner to Jamba Juice today but I lost so I bought him a smoothie. Hah! Take that for being spontaneous!

weep not for the memory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home