Tuesday, August 12, 2008

another night, another trip to the beach. but this evening included leaps and cartwheels, giggling and listening to stories, and getting a great deal of exercise for one day!

during a long evening of crying last night, a good friend helped me gain some perspective. mostly on letting myself be where i am at and feel what i feel. instead of, for example, feeling bad about being sad and forcing myself to be happy. or wanting one thing but doing another. so that when i awoke this morning and had the house to myself and my puffed up eyes, i only focused on that. no pressure to "get it together" or to "snap out of it." or hide the evidence of my crying from my mom.

before i knew it, i was immersed in 1.8 episodes of buffy when thebff called and asked if i still wanted to go to dance class. and i went. and it was good! and then the endorphins were floating and mixing with the caffeine from cha. and dinner was light and loving. and a walk on the sand was a must!

my new strategy: more doing, less analyzing. more processing, less avoiding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home