Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Tender Scrawls
Uyen Nguyen
22 April 2002

3
When I expect you to
Hate me,
Battle me,
Destroy me,
You come to me in silence.
In your attempt to
Tell me something
Symbolically,
You stumble
Because you know it's not right.
So you look at me
With your pained eyes
And I know what you mean.

I tell you to kiss me
And when our lips marry,
I announce the words to you.
And you break down.
You crumble into a soft child
And cry.
"You mean so much to me,"
You say between tears.

All I've ever wanted,
You gave me.

I think.
I can't remember if...
Well...
I can't remember all the details
Because I just woke up
And didn't get the chance to
Record the whole dream.
In my precious longing,
Deep in my subconscious
And deep in my heart,
I will know.

But for now,
I sit awake in this harsh
Consciousness holding on to
Your tears that I slept with. *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home