Saturday, April 20, 2002

Tender Scrawls
Uyen Nguyen
20 April 2002

2
"Here,
Let me help you take off your jacket
And your dress shirt.
It seems restricting.
And please take off your trousers.
Get uncomfortable.
I'm going to remove your undershirt,
And while I'm at it, your boxers, okay?
Now, yes, I understand that
It's a little cold.
But that is besides the point."

His body is trembling
He looks fearful and cautious
He makes no eye contact
Only raising his shameful eyes rarely
From the solacing ground.
I step in closer
Staring harshly at his glowing skin.
I move to touch his bare shoulders
Noticing how his body recoils.
I circle him, like the innocent prey he is
Until I look him straight in the eyes,
His torn eyes in mine.

"Now I've stripped you of your protective shields
And under it all: your style, your persona, your masks,
All you are is a frightened soul
Scraping remains for comfort and acceptance.

"And that is what I will love most." *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home