Friday, January 02, 2004

my brother is sitting in the room with me and he is sniffling, the aftermath of an emotional description, powerful enough to induce the real tears of pain. this moves me beyond the fictional contrivances of movies or novels, for the mere fact that it is coming from my brother, someone who i have only seen cry once because he was so upset with his situation in life. it wasn't until this year that i knew that he had this image he felt like he needed to keep up with me, one of a strong older brother who never faltered. but we both realized that such images were damaging to both me and to him, and we both walked down a path of honesty and open communication.

now i sit here wondering what i should do. when i first noticed that there were tears in his eyes, i reached over and touched his blanketed feet. but since then, i have only typed. does he want me to ask him what's wrong? should i break the steady reign of the sniffling soundtrack that has passed between us for the past 30 minutes? i wish i knew how to comfort but i haven't had many models to follow after. what would you do?

tal vez no te escuche,Tal vez me descuide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home