Friday, August 15, 2008

i just made it through my first 3 days at my new job at girls incorporated. this is the first time that i have worked in 9 months so it has been a bit of an interesting transition. i am trying to remember how to relate with youth, particularly an all female group, in addition to getting used to a structured day, meeting new people, and learning new rules and ways. i am actually super rusty; it has been difficult to communicate what i need to get across, figure out what i need to do, and motivate the students. i hope i can get it together soon.

but on the positive side, i have my own e-mail address and there are business cards being printed for me, though the business cards seem a bit much for me. we also spent this afternoon at adventure playground where we sailed down water slides and rolled around in mud. yes, mud! when we returned, my fellow cohort was surprised for her birthday and then there was a surprise bridal shower for another co-worker. lots to celebrate!

and the other day while driving to work, a butterfly came out from underneath the car in front and flew around my car. i hope that is a sign! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger Nakki said...

Congrats on the new job! Where have I been? I didn't even know you had found one! So...when's the net get together?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home