Friday, October 09, 2009

An Organization/Resource that I Love that Needs Help!



I went to a Girls Circle training in December of 2008 and it gave me the strong foundation for how to facilitate a group for young women (which is my job) and people in general -- the basic but unfamiliar idea that each person is the ONLY expert in his/her life and as facilitators, we ask the right questions to help each person answer his/her own questions. No matter how much we tell someone what they should or should not do, this does not empower them or supply them with the tools they need to make their own decisions.

So when I saw that Girls Circle Association needed help, I wanted to help with a donation but also to spread the word. Although this video doesn't explain exactly what they do (you'd have to go to a training or take a look at their manuals/curricula), I have a cameo early on! If you'd like to get more information about the organization, check out Girls Circle.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home