Thursday, August 26, 2004

what the world needs now is love

the truth shall set you free. even if it takes a bit of time for it to come out. because for some, confronting an issue or concern takes all the guts they can muster inside them and borrow from some outside source. and thats what i had to do with my japanese family and alli.

my career counselor saw it in me when i came into her office yesterday. the overwhelmingness. she said, "you're not completely here." and we both knew that the personal life stuff and concerns about the future and capstone and GREs are overstressing me and hindering me from moving forward in any realm of my life. these qualms that i have make it difficult to act upon what i know i should do for myself.

but in other news, i am in love. with a movie. named garden state. but not solely because its indie and i have to go against the grain (although this is true sometimes...hehe). more so because there is awesome acting. and vulnerability. and life weaving throughout the entire movie. oh, how i love thee, let me count the ways...

so yes, that vulnerability thing, still draws me in. i feel like it allows me to see someone. because when someone is weak, they have no walls or defense mechanisms holding up their images or fronts. and their core reveals itself in all its beautiful flaws and secrets. and then the distance that kept others out is bridged by the truth and concern. and we become one for ephemeral moments.

[edit]

so why are we here? is it individual? is it all connected? is it about making money and spending it? is it about love? is it about following our personal mission and accomplishing it? because we are blessed to be able to have this opportunity to live and self-reflect. what are we to do with it?

i need you here with me tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home