Thursday, September 16, 2004

and ive come home even though ive never had so far to go

today is independence day in mexico. at midnight (10 hours ago) on september 16 of the year1810, miguel hidalgo made a call of arms to the people of mexico (non spanish) to shake off the reins of spanish domination. and now, i sit here missing the incredible experience i had a year ago in guanajuato with lexi, liz, nathan, and my familia. there was something incredibly moving about the pride within each person. and when thousands of them were together in one area, i was completely enveloped. for once, i felt patriotic and interestingly enough, i felt mexican. my familia helped me realize that holidays arent about getting time to yourself but for spending time with the people who are the most important to you.

its okay that sometimes i relate more to mexicans than vietnamese. maybe cuz it was more recent, my trip to mexico. and maybe it was because when i went to mexico, they accepted me.

can i go back? maybe then i wouldnt be so stressed about the future and so confused about stuff.



there is only you in my heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home