Wednesday, January 07, 2004

sometimes, things happen and it changes how you act and how you feel. you never thought it was possible, but change actually occurred in front of your very eyes. what beauty this world offers.

i thought it was so amazing that i could talk to my host parents about anything in the realm of conversation topics, besides what language barriers did not allow me to communicate. i talked to them about drinking and love and passion. perhaps it was the fact that no long-drawn history of silence and fear of trouble existed between us, like it did with my own parents and me. but now, after being away for a few months and having had discussed taboo topics with others, i had a conversation with my mother that would have been impossible months ago. it was difficult because of insufficient language abilities. but i got my point across, swiftly.

what a difference a trip makes.

now my brother heads across the world to the distant land of japan. i wonder what adventures will find him. i wonder what bridges will lay out before him.

explore.

mirame, mirate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home