Friday, May 28, 2004

i have my own life and im stronger than you know

so ever since ive been back home and settled in, ive been trying to clean out my room. i have so much stuff. so much junk. the pack rat that i am has managed to save the most trivial things to remind me of a person or a situation... today, while making space for a box in my closet, i came across a box full of letters and cards from junior high school and high school. it was a trip. at the day's end (with a 3 hour interval of driving to long beach and back), i felt like i was back in junior high and high school. all the kiddy drama and puppy love was temporarily my reality. reading old letters reminded me of how i used to care about the number of friends i had and kept close. but looking at all those letters, i can see why i dont talk to 3/4 of those people anymore. the things we used to write about at the age of 13-14 was shallow and superficial. and without much substance.

"hey, what's up? nothing much here. i was working on math homework but decided to write you. aren't i nice? anyways, sorry for taking sooooooo long. please forgive me! so, who do you like? do you think terry's cute? i like david but i could never have him. anyways, i have to go. write back asap!"

haha, needless to say, i threw away a lot of old letters and cards. hehe, maybe i thought that if i saved them, i would immortalize myself. but you know, those letters arent gonna do that for me, especially if they are outdated. haha...

"i hungee. gimme food."

someday, we'll be together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home