Saturday, February 16, 2008

never find a love like this

being that i am now an official part of z's mandala, it makes me very grateful to have extended family. having grown up solely within my nuclear family, i missed out on knowing what it is like to be a part of a community: not being able to hide out in your room when you are upset, learning how to use humor as a way to relate to people, dealing with issues whether or not you want to, asking for help, etc. it is also very touching to know that you do not have to share the same blood to be cared about or loved.

this i also learned from my roomies in hawai'i. it scared me to think that i could ever feel at home without my parents and brothers; i resisted for as long as i could. but i realized i can create ties and bonds that are just as strong.

i <3 the people that are in my life. and i wish we could always be together in the same space. but as i spread my wings, i am learning that we will always be together in thought and mind.

peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home