Friday, August 09, 2002

Status Report for 8 August:

I had this recurring thought: maybe when you find love, you don't always get to be with it. But then I wondered a bit more and I came to this conclusion: perhaps if you aren't with someone you love, it's not meant to be. As hard as that is for me to swallow as a deep idealist when it comes to love and romance, I think it's true.

What does that mean? Maybe UG and I aren't meant to be. Even if we care about each other. But what if he thinks I'm the one for him, and in the future, we'll be together, but I think the opposite? Where does that leave us? Does that mean I should realize UG's the one? Or does that mean we should just end it now so it doesn't hurt so much later? But what if that's not even the answer and it just causes unnecessary hurt and pain?

As imschizooo and I had our formal and she talked about her problems with her guy, something quite interesting came up. There are a few things that bother her about him. So I said, "Maybe he's not the one for you." And her response was, "But what if there's so much other stuff that you like about him and are happy with?" My answer? Don't let the negative things bother you; come to terms with the fact that he is like that and move on. Because it's either you make it work together (even if that means learning to not be annoyed by someone's habits)or you get out of the relationship. If you don't come to terms with the habits, you're just going to let the bad things dominate the relationship anyway. Might as well be apart.

But I see that as her holding on to him. When you care that much about someone, you want them to be the one you can share your life with. You want to stay with them.

And something random that I asked her: "what if UG sees me as the one and I don't?" Her response: "sorry. you lost you chance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home