Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Wow. You do not know how much I have missed writing. But as the exam calls me to study more material, I can only include the following.

Tender Scrawls
9 October 2002

7
Somewhere between evening and morning,
my world turned inside out,
outside in,
And back to vague.

where I lost his smile and his safe
embrace hurt most.
when I forgot her heart and our warm
memories to hurt less.

where I reached out to him and found
rubber bands holding us together
sweetly, I smiled.
when I realized their energy and held
on tightly to the happiness
readily, I rejoiced.

She gave me reason to worry but strength to move ahead.
He taught me words that showed me a new world.
They stayed with me and never let me cover up.
He gave me his shoulder and permission to be.
She talked when I shut up and enriched my space.
He decided to come back.

All the while, they fell into the shadows of my life.

And now as the glory of the morning
stumbles upon me,
I look at this world straight in the eyes
And try to live through another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home