Wednesday, November 24, 2004

human emotions are tricky little things. always throwing you right and left, making you hop through hoops. maybe that is only when you let them control you.

so even though i would like to wallow and be completely negative because im confused, let me just make a thanksgiving eve's list of what i am grateful for.

* good food
* ability to eat out whenever i want
* fabulous music that keeps me company
* my vision, even though it's slightly off
* drinkable water
* heaters
* extra warm blankets in uninsulated bedrooms
* comfortable beds
* my job
* felicity, the tv series
* my eyeglasses, even though they hurt my head sometimes
* finding the perfect pillow this year (down alternative rocks!)
* "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"
* "garden state" soundtrack
* death cab for cutie's "transatlanticism"
* mornings where i want to listen to happy music
* recognizing that i have wings
* girls' nights out
* friends who know how to order me good drinks
* my spot on campus
* warm days where i can swim in the mornings
* jumping into the ocean
* capacity to feel openly, without being stigmatized
* new experiences
* learning new bits of information about long-time friends
* best friends
* cut fruit
* how freaking hilarious "my sassy girl" is and that annt has an all region dvd player
* wanting things but understanding that i don't have to have it
* being granted my first real credit card
* realizing how grateful i am for studying abroad last year

just bend the pieces till they fit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home